What I’m doing now
- Trying not to panic about the state of the world.
- Working on new systems at the Space Monkey
division of Vivint. I am Director of Engineering
for three days a week there. The fact that this is even a thing that could
work is really a testament to the fantastic team I get to work with and help
- Building a currently unannounced political
action alert app.
- Research work for a PhD at the University of Utah in molecular biology,
specifically attempting to apply data science to cure rare diseases. I do
this two days a week. I’ve been attempting to write about my research
- Open source development. I help maintain a number of libraries, many of
which can be found either at https://github.com/jtolds or https://github.com/spacemonkeygo.
It would probably be considered negligence to leave some former high-value
pursuits unmentioned. Pursuits that are very interesting but simply haven’t
made the cut recently (i.e., in the last few months) include:
Feel free to contact me and I will do my best to reply!
You can also see where else I am on the internet.